AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't find my cranium!!

Question asked by Ramon Herrera on Mar 8, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2020 by Ramon Herrera

My next challenge can be seen in these preliminary videos uploaded to my project's YouTube channel:

Being involved for a few years in this fascinating endeavor, I keep on finding The Big Divide in 3D apps:

(a) Hollywood Types: 3ds Max, Maya, Blender and a long et cetera. What matters is looks and rendering speed.

(b) Manufacturing Types: SolidWorks, Inventor, CATIA, etc. Precision is of utmost importance.

After doing several "simulations" quote, unquote- of ballistics that belong in the former category, I decided that it is high time to roll my sleeves and perform some serious FEA/CFD simulations. I downloaded the Free Student version of ANSYS.

I thought I was all set, found a great guy in the Freelancer site. The apparently insurmountable obstacle seems to be this: all craniums models found in websites target the category (a) above. The expert tells me that for FEA/CFD purposes one of IGES, STEP or Parasolid is required.

I had great success exporting the vintage 1963 Mosler safe box seen here:

Some of my SolidWorks Models

to the 3 acceptable formats and reading them into ANSYS.

Should I hire somebody to design a cranium from scratch in SolidWorks? There has to be a better way.  :-(

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers

ramon@jfknumbers.org

Belongs to a Dead Pirate Found in Jamaica Centuties Later

No Hole in The Back and to The Left

Outcomes