Okay, so I've been working with Visualize for a couple of months now. I like it in many ways; but I cannot seem to find a workaround for this problem:
- I created a simple part in SW. It's a cuboid with filleted edges (I've already tried 'continuous curvature' and 'circular' fillets for this to see if that fixed it).
- I imported it into Visualize and applied a simple Appearance to it
- I created a 'ripple effect' bump map using another software
- I applied the bump map to the Appearance
- BUT...the outcome is that the bump map is non-continuous around the part. And I just can't seem to get it to flow continuously around the edges of the part. I've tried various modes such as 'planar', 'box', etc. But nothing works.
I've attached some screenshots to help communicate the problem.
Anyone got any ideas!?
There has to be a way to create an organic shape and apply a texture that flows continuously over the whole thing and is unaffected by the face edge lines imported from Solidworks?
Maybe I need to find a way to create one big continuous face in SW? That could be difficult too.
Help would be appreciated!