AnsweredAssumed Answered

I work for a trailer mfg company, and the small portion of my job is to schedule and build outgoing loads of trailers and i'm trying to figure out a way to save assemblies in a way that

Question asked by Lucas Guenther on Feb 25, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2020 by Alex Lachance

I work for a trailer mfg company, and one of my tasks is to schedule and build outgoing loads of trailers getting shipped out on a semi and i'm trying to figure out a way to save assemblies in a way that they will be transparent(no background) and allow me to move the "block" around with my mouse in another program. The goal here is to get another employee set up on a computer without SW to make the trucking plan. I am currently scouring the web for different programs that will allow me to move around multiple pictures or blocks just like i do in a SW drawing.  I have attached a picture of what i currently do with SW. 

IMHO i think that SW has worked very well for what we need it to do, i can toggle between different configs, add labels, etc. My boss doesnt want to pay for another user in SW, so here i am trying to make something work. 

If anyone has any ideas for me to run with i would greatly appreciate it. 

Ideally i would find a way to make solidworks still be our go to program, is it possible to just buy a drawings package without the rest of the software? As long as i can save my 3d models, i only need someone to configure a load in the 2d drawing environment.

Attachments

Outcomes