I'm always looking for cloud based and easy to implement PDM options. I'm waiting for one to hit the tipping point.
- SolidWorks PDM Standard is not ideal if you work in more than one location. Other than that very important weakness, it would probably be great for most companies. [With corona-virus this limitation just became relevant for many more companies.]
- SolidPartners ActiVault doesn't seem to have taken off. Does sound decent, but I didn't find web activity.
- GrabCAD Workbench was super awesome, a big step in the right direction. But no updates, neglected, tragic (and still useful as of 2020). Lacks easy file renaming.
- I still haven't heard much from Kenesto users. My own tests indicate it has some good features, cheap, but is lacking in at least the file renaming and where-used departments. Has SolidWorks connector but not Creo.
- And then Upchain PLM comes along. They are saying lots of the right things. Claims PDM is included. Claims to integrate with SolidWorks, Catia, Creo, Inventor, Siemens NX... And they even list prices (very rare for PLM). Not cheap, but if it works as advertised, and there aren't hidden costs, it is... a reasonable cost (but I think it would be reasonable to aim to bring that cost down).
Please tell us more if you know about Upchain.
[original post 2020-02-13]