AnsweredAssumed Answered

Constraint issues in a 3D Sketch

Question asked by Harold Black on Feb 7, 2020

I have a macro that generates sketch lines bounded by two entities. The sketch lines are spaced evenly along a selected sketch segment. The macro works fine with locating the sketch lines and placing the "correct" sketch constraints. The issue I'm having is with conflicting constraints in a 3D sketch that shouldn't really be conflicting.

Requirements:

1.)   All of the created sketch lines should have an end point constrained on the top curve.

2.)   All of the created sketch lines should be perpendicular to the Plane3.

3.)   All of the created sketch lines should have the other end point constrained on the bottom curve.

My sketch is over defined because the coincident point on the bottom curve conflicts with the condition that the sketch line is perpendicular to Plane3. Why is this? I've tried changing the perpendicular condition to normal and I get the same results. I even tried the condition that the sketch line should be parallel to the sketch line running along the extrusion direction of Boss-Extrude1. I double checked that both splines are on the surface and even went so far as to recreate the splines on surface.

Any insight on this problem or perhaps a different constraining method would be appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes