AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flattened length symbol?

Question asked by Mark Dougall on Feb 6, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2020 by Mark Dougall

First of all I'm trying to use this symbol in a drawing which Solidworks online help says is the GOST Symbol in English but that doesn't bring up anything for me outside of their help page. I think it's flattened length but I can't be sure as I only know the German, Gestreckte Länge.



Anyway my Question relates to wanting to use this line to calculate the Overall length of a pipe before bending and I was Looking for a way for SolidWorks to calculate this. At the moment I've overriden the primary value but if the part changes in the future I would like this number to update. I've read somewhere about calculating from the surface area of the pipe and using the overall volume to get the length but how would I add those values into the Dimension text if I at all could?



Any help is appreciated.