AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange Glitch in SolidWorks 2019 with Delete Face Command when using Derived Configurations.

Question asked by Eric Blankinship on Jan 31, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2020 by Eric Blankinship

Hello All,

Here again with another strange unusual glitch that I found today.

So while I know delete face is not the best made feature in this instance was a rare situation where I wanted to use it and found this bizzare lack of proper function with it when in regards to configurations.  I had used the delete face command to remove a chamfer on a patterned body after a subtract combine as I wanted the chamfer on majority of the items but not on a few of them.  The issue I found though was when I went to add configurations.  I went and hit "create a derived configuration" as I just wanted a few differences between the main configuration and the one I was going to make. 

Without even changing, adding, or removing any features for some reason this delete face no longer recognizes any of the surfaces in the derived configuration even though in theory the derived configuration should make a 100% copy at the time of derivation. Strangely enough if I just add it as a regular configuration and not as a derived configuration it reognizes the surfaces to delete no problem. 

Outcomes