AnsweredAssumed Answered

non symmetrical reliefs after convert to sheet metal

Question asked by Ian Vivero on May 4, 2009
Latest reply on May 4, 2009 by Ian Vivero
So after spending way too much time trying to model this part from the get go as a sheet metal part I decided to go with the convert a solid model method and got way farther along way faster. Unfortunately I have ended up with a converted sheet metal part that while totally symmetric, has relief cuts on one side for a pair of bends, and not on the other. The real world part has no relief cuts at all. To work around this i attempted to model only half the part, convert to sheet metal, then mirror it, however, as the face for the mirror operation is itself on a bend (the rounded nose on the right end of the part) I have not been able to do this successfully. To work around this I tried to mirror using the cut face from the other end of the part then cut the flat face at the left end so that the part will flatten but I end up with an error that the rounded nose cannot be unbent

I have attached the part as is for your reference. You can see the front half has no relief cuts on the indentation but the back half does. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes