AnsweredAssumed Answered

Laser Weld, What Symbol do I Use?

Question asked by Dan Bovinich on Jan 28, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2020 by Dan Bovinich

We are laying a 0.3mm (.012") busbar on top of a solid terminal. A laser comes down, pushes the 0.3 sheet against the flat terminal, then laser welds the busbar sheet to the terminal.


How do I call this out in the drawing?


1) Which weld symbol do I use? (Spot? Plug?, ???)

2) How do I indicate that its a laser doing welding? Write the word Laser in the symbol itself or on a note next to weld symbol?

3) Is there a "laser" weld symbol?


Thank you for your help...


Dan B.