AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks Frequency Simulation ignores mass properties overrides

Question asked by Max Maxi on Jan 26, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2020 by Dave Laban

Hi every one,

Recently I try to use frequency simulation to find Resonant Frequencies for my work ... (c# api create assembly that contain plenty simple box parts with override mass for each box and It tries to do the layout them so Total Mass and Center of Mass in my work is important) .

After some try and errors I found this fact that simulations default ignore mass properties overrides that set in previous steps . in beneath screenshot u can see the Mass Properties dialog shown different result than Mass Properties in my frequency analysis and it seems that these values based on material density and overwrite mass that I manually set before is simply ignored ! it's Impact also on C.G and ... too that harmed my analysis results .

So I want to know that is there any way to check off this option and force simulation to use over ride mass properties ??

I have an idea about using Custom Material And of course custom density but because of project's nature and Depending on the End-User requests that define Variable materials this idea is not Effective and advisable ...

Outcomes