AnsweredAssumed Answered

Low attendance for 3D Experience World 2020?

Question asked by Scott A. Wheeler on Jan 23, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2020 by Adrian Velazquez

Received a call from SolidWorks Corp inquiring if I was planned to attend this year's event, since I attended last  year's SolidWorks World event, and several events years past.  I stated I wasn't, due to work being busy, and was offered an immediate 20% discount to attend.  Still a no go, I actually have a family vacation planned already.  Was then asked how I felt about last year's event, to which I honestly expressed disappointment with the focus being on 3D Experience this and 3D Experience that, and no longer being focused on SolidWorks...which is why all the attendees are there in the first place.  Also stated most people aren't looking to stop using SolidWorks anytime soon, nor are they in a position to convince companies they work for to splurge on 3D Experience software.  The person I spoke with appreciated the feedback, sounds like it wasn't the first time they've heard it.

So this is the first time I've ever gotten a call this close to the annual event to attend, let alone being offered a 20% discount.  Makes me wonder if the registration numbers are low for the event.  Serves them right, IMO, last year's event was frustrating with SolidWorks taking a back seat to 3D Experience software.  Final nail in the coffin was renaming the event to 3D Experience World.

Long live SolidWorks World! (Get off my lawn, 3D Experience!) 

Outcomes