AnsweredAssumed Answered

Static or non-linear simulation? Two Cones beeing pushed together

Question asked by Vito Brabetz on Jan 23, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2020 by Benjamin Modic

Hi everyone, 

so I am quiet new to simulation with solidworks and I have got a problem where I doesn't really know if I did it right.

So here is my problem:

I want to simulate how a cone 1 (hard material) is pushed in a cone 2 (soft material).

1. First with a definite force to get to know how deep cone 1 will get into cone 2

2. Secondly with a definite displacment to get to know how much force is needed for this displacment of cone 1

So my first questions:

Is it at all possible to do a static simulation for this problem? (large displacment activated) Or do I need a non-linear simulation anyway. 

Is it in general usefull to do a static simulation before trying to do a non-linear (in general and in this case)?

My second questions:

Are my settings for the fixtures right (in some cases I get an error with static simulation that it failed)

Cone 1: (should be pushed along the x-axis into cone 2)

- constrained in y,z-Direction trough reference geometrie = 0

- force in x-direction

- cyclic symmetrie 

Cone 2: (the edge of cone 2 should be hold in x-Direction but also can be widen in y,z and the length in general should can also be widen) 

- constrained in x-Direction trough reference geometrie = 0 

- cyclic symmetrie 

Definitions of the Simulation

My results

So this is my result of the radial displacment of the cone 2. What would you think? Is it reliable?

-But my question is. Why has the cone 1 doesn't move as I accpected into cone 2?

Hope you can give me some Tips

Attachments

Outcomes