- Create 3D models & 2D drawings for fabrication of sheet metal, welded, and machined components and assemblies using SolidWorks
- Generate accurate BOM’s for planning & purchasing
- Determine material usage and laser/waterjet/plasma times for Sales Dept.
- Enter engineering data for parts, assemblies, materials in ERP system
- Nest parts to plate and tube using SigmaNEST & SigmaTUBE software
- Identify processes and routing to produce parts
- Check models and drawings for accuracy
- Manage engineering change requests, document revisions, & RFIs
- Periodically conduct field surveys to measure site conditions
- 3+ years of experience in SolidWorks design including sheet metal component, weldment, and assembly design. *CSWP Preferred
- Ability to read engineering, structural, and architectural drawings and produce accurate models & drawings for fabrication using SolidWorks
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping timelines and meet both internal and external deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work directly with customers and collaborate in a small-team environment.
- Effective problem-solving skills including the ability to create unique design solutions to address application and fabrication challenges
- Basic understanding of manufacturing techniques and capabilities as it applies to design