Max Balmenti

Four big problems, I can't keep wasting time with these precarious working conditions, and I notice that it doesn't just happen to me.

Discussion created by Max Balmenti on Jan 12, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2020 by Ron Bates

1) I place a decal on the model, a helmet in my case, a decal of only 50 k, a simple oval in white png.
I duplicate the decal, reduce it and leave it centered and concentric on the primary decal, I apply a gold material to the second copy, and so on, to create a series of 3 or 4 concentric overlapping decals, with different materials applied. Gold, carbon. paint...
Imagine the dartboard as the final graphic.

No problem in viewing in real time, but when I view in "accurate mode" and render, some decals partially disappear, fragmenting. I tried to manage the decals with various options, I also tried to recreate the decal from scratch with a new decal without duplicating it, but the problem persists and prevents a complete and effective final rendering!

I have two nvidia gtx 980.
This happens with both the 2019 and 2020 versions. I have updated drivers.

2) Solidworks Visualize 2020 is literally UNUSABLE.

16 GB of ram, two nvidia gtx 980, CPU 2600 K, latest drivers installed.

The navigation with the camera, in any option is very slow, the combination of the ALT + left mouse button produces a navigation movement that makes the movement very slow and "gelatinous", so as to make navigation impossible, even if I set the resolution in preview in hd.

With the 2019 version I have no problems, and the hardware is the same, in fact I think I will have to downgrade!

The software is valid but has too many recurring problems that prevent its good use, now even the rendering queue does not work (in the 2019 version I mean, when it has always worked) and it remains impossible to use the function of saving complex materials.

Soon I will have a new computer but I am tempted not to renew my studio's license to switch to other software.

I hope you have quick solutions to these problems, I'm really disappointed.

Outcomes