AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I have SolidWorks show dialog for adding new parameters to design table?

Question asked by Axel Dahmen on Jan 9, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2020 by Axel Dahmen

Hi guys,

I have the following issue and it'd be great if you could help me out of this misery:

A couple of days ago I went through a tutorial demonstrating design tables. So I added some relations, gave each a name and created an internal Excel design table, allowing me to add configurations to alter these relations.

Then, by accident, I deleted one of these relations and re-added it by creating a new relation and giving it the same name the original one had before.

But for some reason, I don't seem to be able to re-create a, well, "relation" between the new relation and the design table.

I would expect SolidWorks to either automatically re-create the existing parameter relation or, alternatively, providing me with a dialog, asking me to add the new relation to the table (see image on the right). But none of these two options occur.

Even when I rename the relation, SolidWorks doesn't show the "Do You Want To Add The Following Relations To The Design Table?" dialog (shown in the image on the right). That's utterly strange to me.

What am I doing wrong? How can I force SolidWorks to show that dialog to me?

Here's a short animation, depicting what's happening on my machine:

Your help is very much appreciated.

Outcomes