AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDM Standard and Data card Fields Why no Macros?

Question asked by Craig Makarowski on Jan 9, 2020

Ok I have set up a set of data cards in PDM Standard, can't afford the expensive PDM Professional and that is over kill for a small company anyway. I have a large Library of parts that i commonly use in many designs. my current data card is still in development but the control logic is so difficult and limiting to configure for ease of use in the interface. here is the part library template, this supports both the Library part and regular project parts.  the bottom section is temporary and will be sorta stacked on top of each when finished in the upper card area once  the data control logic is solid. I haveing problems with the Category and sub categories not sequencing or updating or responding when trying to set them. not sure why. Has anyone else attempted this or tried this?

Here are the control logic examples of the fields they are different for each sub cat drop down

Main Category Logic

Sub category 1 logic

Sub category 2 logic

Part type Category Logic

There may be limitations to this but Solidworks doesn't seem to provide much information or docs on this for PDM standard. It is like they didn't complete the user interface to a better state. Disappointing to say the least.

Will add more to this later just what to see if others are trying to use PDM standard and make it more frendly to use.

Outcomes