This is another post from the "Missing 5% functionality that makes users avoid this tool" novella.
Everyone loves Selection Sets. What is not to love about them. As far as I remember Matt Lombard suggested them a decade ago.
They are so much better than folders!
1. You can group in a selection set almost anything that is listed in the FeatureManager Tree.
2. Selection Sets work extremely well with Advanced Selections and other Selection/Search macros.
3. After clicking on a Selection Set, all the commands in the RMB menu can be applied to all entities in the set, in bulk!
The missing 5%:
1. Editing existing selection sets is not intuitive
2. You cannot include mates in selection sets!
3. Selection Sets do not work well for Suppress/Unsuppress operations.
Step 1 - Click on the selection set to select all components listes
Step 2 - RMB on the empty graphics area
Step 3 - Suppress
Result: Dangling entities
Repeating steps 1 to 3 takes you nowhere:
1. The Components will remain listed in the selection set as suppressed.
2. A RMB in graphics area will offer the Unsuppress button.
How do you use Selection Sets?