Update: Vote on this Top 10 Idea:
This is another post from the "" novella.
I love comments in the FeatureManager Tree. They are fantastic for many reasons:
- A quick way to include your thoughts directly in the model.
- Can include pictures
- Can take screenshots
- Can be used as "bookmarks" in history of the part using the Part Reviewer! This way, a user who is not familiar with your model can roll the FeatureManager tree automatically from bookmark to bookmark. So instead of wasting time going through 100 features, he or she can stop only at the 5 that you deemed critical.
- Feature with comments get an entry in the Comments Folder
- Feature with comments get a special icon in the FeatureManager Tree
Bottom line: comments can be very useful. If I were a manager of a team of SW users, I would brainstorm with the team the best way to use them and then make using them mandatory!
The missing 5%:
1. The Comments folder is almost useless:
When I click on one or more features listed there I want to get full functionality:
- get the context toolbar
- get the standard RMB menu
- select the feature(s) in the graphics area and the FeatureManager tree.
2. There is no indication that a screenshot or image has been added to the comment. If an image is available, it should be included in the pop-up caption.
What else would you use Comments for?