If you need to change the company a licence is allocated to you get a nice form to fill in from your VAR to authorize it.
It really is a nice simple system. There is just a slight delay.
About 10 years!
I found out that the form I filled in January 2009, and again on two further occasions, the last one being 3 weeks ago, still hasn't been implemented. I have two licences under a company that ceased to exist in 2008 and one under our current company, and, strangely a 6 month term licence that seems to be allocated to both.
Quite frankly, I'd just given up trying to sort it out a long while ago. But now i find that for online licencing I cannot get admin rights to 2 of the three licences I should be in control of, due to this incorrect company name allocation.