xNURBS SolidWorks addon V3.0 is just available ( https://www.xnurbs.com ). A short answer to "why xNURBS": As demonstrated by the animated GIFs below, xNURBS is one super powerful NURBS tool that fixes virtually all surfacing issues for SolidWorks. If you would like more feedback from end users: https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/xnurbs-rhino-plugin-is-available/77650/531 , which is the hottest thread in Rhino Forum.
The following is the full answer of "why xNURBS".
Key Features of xNURBS SolidWorks addon:
- Unlimited capacities for solving NURBS: Its optimization algorithm can solve virtually any NURBS surface in a matter of milliseconds (regardless of how complex the constraints are. XNurbs SolidWorks addin and XNurbs Rhino plugin have a very similar capacity and UI so they share some screenshots/videos.).
- XNurbs is one super powerful NURBS tool that fixes virtually all surfacing issues for SolidWorks.
- High-quality surfaces: For a given set of constraints, XNurbs’ optimization algorithm uses energy-minimization method to generate the smoothest NURBS surface among all possible solutions. The generated surface quality is outstanding.
- Easy-to-use: It uses one simple UI for all kinds of NURBS modeling.
- Super robust: XNurbs is rock solid and works flawlessly.
- Native CAD surfaces: xNURBS generates native CAD surfaces, i.e., trimmed/untrimmed NURBS surfaces, which can be directly used for any CAD modeling operations.
For more information, visit https://www.xnurbs.com