3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2006 10:49 PM by

SW to Autodesk max (SW seems to hav a superiority complex)

you can first save the SoldWorks Model as ACIS File, then Open AutoCAD click on Insert Menu and choose ACIS File select the file and it will come in AutoCAD then adjust as per your requirement in AutoCAD & then transfer to 3Ds
        • SW to Autodesk max (SW seems to hav a superiority complex)
          guys i got thsi feeling solidworks is playing 'above everyone else' by only letting file conversions go 'one way' (autodesk to SW but not the otherway around). I'm desperately trying to get this solidwork model out of SW and into max and everythign seems to fail

the client sent us a SW model designed by engineers and we're suppose 2 use it for a feature film, but there's not much of a way out of solid works

anyone came across this problem? any help please? its pretty urgent

thanks in advance
            Hey there,

I think this question is related:
            Is there any reasonable way to get a Solidworks part-model in 3DS format?

I have tried saving it as an IGES file, importing it into 3DS Max and then saving it into *.3DS, but when I import the IGES file into 3DS MAX the model becomes different from the originel - surfaces are missing etc.

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Hey there,

I think this question is related:
              Is there any reasonable way to get a Solidworks part-model in 3DS format?

I have tried saving it as an IGES file, importing it into 3DS Max and then saving it into *.3DS, but when I import the IGES file into 3DS MAX the model becomes different from the originel - surfaces are missing etc.

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?