AnsweredAssumed Answered

Grab Title Block Info When Exporting to PDF?

Question asked by Brian Darcy on Nov 5, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2019 by Jeremiah Feist

Hello All,

I'm hoping to find a way to reduce a tedious aspect of our workflow. Currently, we create parts and assemblies with file names like "2018-4000" which also is the drawing number for that part once the drawing is created. At the part/assembly level, we have custom properties that we fill out such as title, description, drawn by, drawn date, etc. All of these fields populate to the title block when we create a drawing.

The issue I have is when we export to PDF, our file format is DRAWING NUMBER_TITLE. I can't find a way to grab that title info from the title block on the drawing so we currently go back and manually rename all the drawings. There has to be a better way... #Task has an option to include custom properties when creating PDFs, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Again, we enter all the custom property info in the part/assembly. When I look at the File Properties in the drawing there is nothing there. I'm assuming #Task is looking for custom properties in the drawing and isn't seeing the properties being passed down to the title block from the part/assembly. Is this just an issue of how we have our templates set up?

Outcomes