AnsweredAssumed Answered

Naming question

Question asked by Scott Leacox on Oct 24, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2019 by Jacky Hao

I have a naming convention question.


Here are two common names I use for parts:

Bracket: Is bolted both from and to other parts. Typically something small is being bolted to something large

Mount: Is welded in place for bolting to it. Typically welded to some thing large for something small to bolt on


Now let's say you have something large with angles welded to the bottom of it for bolting to the ground.

Currently I use the term Angle and avoiding the term mount.


I am looking for suggestions on the best terms for mounting angles used to attach equipment to the ground or truck or trailer.


Is there an existing set of terms that break up mount into two camps? One for when the mount is used to add something small to something large, and another for when something large is being bolted to the ground or other large part?


To put this in perspective, I have other naming conventions based on size. Any bracket or mount that is under a 3" cube in size I call a clip vs bracket or mount.