AnsweredAssumed Answered

SW 2020 complaining it cant find 'Lost' Files saved internally to an assembly

Question asked by Simon Kutassy on Oct 21, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2019 by Frederick Law

I have an assembly file with several internally (to an assembly) saved parts that SW 2020 is 'looking for' and is prompting me for the path for them - But they have never been saved externally and are still showing with the '^' against them in the tree.

Kind of annoying - since my assembly is now missing most of its parts - any clues on this one?

Its not for work - a personal project for a community group I am a part of - and I can recover some work from a Dropbox snapshot but its kind of really annoying 

I certainly would not want to encounter this in a work project.  Most of the time I would not save internally but I'm roughing something up and it is a quick and easy way to do it and really thats what the internally saved parts option is intended for...

Anyway - I'll put a support ticket in but was wondering if anyone has come across this  I would like to resurrect the last few hours work I have put in.  I was working in it one minute and then changed to another file I had open which was utilising the base assembly and 4 out of 6 parts were 'missing' from the base assembly.

Outcomes