AnsweredAssumed Answered

When are they going to give us a pushpin on the Fillet tool (etc.)?

Question asked by Ben Rosow on Oct 18, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 by Steven McCallion

Hey, SolidWorks Product Definition Team:  With all of the fancy upgrades that come with each new release, sometimes it's the little enhancements that are the most important winners.  So I ask:  Why is there no pushpin on the Fillet tool?  It's been 24 years since the first release and this is WAAAAY overdue.  Even the Sketch fillet tool has a pushpin.  The enhancement request has been put in multiple times.

There's no reason why all of the standard features that are used in repeated sequence should not have pushpins.  The code already exists, testing would be easy.  Let's include the Chamfer feature, Mirror, all Pattern features, the Hole Wizard, Move/Copy Body, Delete/Keep body, the Thread tool, and probably some others are all often used sequentially at some point during a design.  

I am reminded of this shortcoming every time I teach an Essentials class and I have to keep driving my cursor up to the Features toolbar to select the Fillet tool when doing the finishing touches.  It's embarrassing, frankly.

Add pushpins like it's important and I'll stand up and cheer.

Users: Please file this enhancement request.

Outcomes