AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to evenly space tabs on sheet metal edge?

Question asked by David McCullough on Oct 14, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2019 by Solid Air

I have a sheet metal part that will have several different length configurations. I want to place 4 tabs evenly along an edge that are 4" wide each. Tab and Slot Feature does not seem to work because there is no face for the slot to be. I need only tabs, not tabs and slots. 

I want this as effortlessly as possible, i do not want to have to do the math to divide 4 tabs evenly on 10 different length pieces and then have to redo it when the design changes. I thought to edit the sketch for an edge flange and do a curve pattern to get the tabs evenly spaced, but a curve pattern or sketch pattern error out. When using a Sketch pattern or a Curve pattern, an error pops up saying "Geometry Pattern Results in Disjoint Bodies". If i uncheck Geometry pattern, i get the error "Cannot find matching edges/faces on the body to apply Mirror/Pattern of this sheet metal feature." If i try to select the EdgeBend, a popup says "Unable to select the feature EdgeBend2."

I seem to be able to do a linear pattern of the edge flange perfectly fine. But this is a fixed length and will not update when the part length is changed(or at least that i can figure out).

Does anyone have any suggestions or work-arounds?

Thanks!

Outcomes