AnsweredAssumed Answered

Intended BOMs and Weldment components of phantom parts

Question asked by Andy Casper on Oct 10, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2019 by Alex Lachance

Hello All,  Thank you for any insight in advance

I am working on trying to export BOMs and import them into our ERP system.  Previously we exported the BOM from the page to excel by hand as a flat BOM and then to the ERP system.  Since we are working on automating that procedure and accounting for multiple levels within the BOM I have run into an issue.  Many of our parts were created using a Hybrid Assembly of internal parts that utilize the Weldment features and parts that have a part number on our shelf.  When a flat BOM was used the engineer would simply delete the row that had the internal component on the line and use flat numbering.  Now that we are not using flat numbering and are actually using a true leveled BOM I am running into an issue where even thought that line is deleted it still shows up as a component of that internal part (highlighted below).

What I would like to know is if there is a way to remove 1.1.2 and make 1.1.2.1 show up as 1.1.2 ?  I have found that if I create this same component using SolidWorks Routing then everything in 1.1 shows up nice and flat as 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc.  Unfortunately I have hundreds of these pipe weldments already modeled and in use in various projects and model lines; I would really like to not have to re-model and detail all of them.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Andy

Outcomes