AnsweredAssumed Answered

HOW TO CHANGE A PART FILE (.SLDPRT) INTO A ASSEMBLY FILE (.SLDASM) USING MACROS?

Question asked by Bruno Soares on Oct 8, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2019 by Bruno Soares

Hello, I'm new at API development for SolidWorks and I learning by doing it. I'm modeling an assembly that has multiple combinations of parts, varying according to its length. I'm already know how to vary the position os the sub-part in assembly according to the length of the main part, but I don't know how to make a sub-part disappear of the assembly. Example: if my main part has 1500 mm of length, it should have 4 supports welded at it, but, if it has 2000 mm, should have 5 supports, and if had 3000 mm (the maximum), will be 6 supports welded in it.

At first, I'd thought to make various assemblies with differents numbers os supports in it and when the length defined was >= than the length of the combination, the macro calls a correct assembly. But, first, I don't know yet how to use an "if - else" on it, so I should learn it. Does this way is a good way to solve this task? How to make the assembly vary according to its length without the need of multiplies assemblies? I'm very begging at programming, so I don't even know where to find more information. I'm doing everything by watching YouTube videos and use the command of record the steps to create a macro at SolidWorks. Every help is welcome.

Outcomes