AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to use Intersect Tool to make an insect head?

Question asked by Peter Cohen on Oct 5, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2019 by Paul Salvador

Hello, I drew an outline of an insect head on the top, right and front planes. Then, I used Extruded-Boss/Base to extrude each of the three outlines to create three solids. I ended up having: Boss-Extrude5, Boss-Extrude6, Boss-Extrude7. I try to make a 3D insect head by hopefully using the Intersect Tool to get the intersection of Boss-Extrude5, Boss-Extrude6 and Boss-Extrude7. Upon clicking on the tool, I selected Boss-Extrude5 but it did not go to the Selections list. Same as Boss-Extrude6. When I click on Boss-Extrude7, all three of them became blue color and Boss-Extrude7 only appeared in the Selections list and the intersect button is dimmed. Could you please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix the problem? Also, in my case, should I check on "Create intersecting regions" rather than "Create internal regions", "Create both", or "Cap planar openings on surfaces"?

I also tried Insert->Feature->Combine as all three Boss-Extrude objects are in one file but the Combine option is dimmed.

Outcomes