AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculate Velocity/Temperature profiles of a pipe

Question asked by Zachary Graham on Oct 3, 2019

Afternoon all, I am currently in a convection course at U of M Dearborn for my masters degree right now and my professor saw it fit to give us a project which is due rather soon and early for the semester (It's due this upcoming Monday 10-7).  Unfortunately for me I wasn't able to get any work done on it last week (when he gave it to us) and most of this week due to the fact that I had to take care of something urgent at work that happened to include some late night meetings.  Now I believe I have it figured out to a degree but it's been a while since I've used the software.  The question I got saddled with is the following.

General Properties as follows

I've already got the start of it done, given it the lid on front and back, an inlet velocity and external pressure on the back, but I'm not too sure I have the rest of it right. (I have a section view for all of these and am showing work done for case 1)

My goals are placed on the exit lid and are as follows

And here are the results which I can't tell if they are right or off

Does this look right to you guys or am I doing something wrong here?  I can provide the file if necessary, but the sooner I get this done the better?  Also is it possible to find the entrance length in SolidWorks Flow Sim or is that not possible?

Outcomes