(This is not a question but I couldn't find the option to change that-- must have moved?.)
I made a macro about a year ago to reduce the graphical detail in models. I think the QC period is over. Let me know what you think. I have VB experience, but not much VB-with-SW experience.
This is what the macro does:
- Gets min and max and current values for "Shaded and draft quality HLR/HLV resolution" from document properties
- Opens input box to adjust this value, and shows above values. Suggests a default of 12% (0.12) difference between min and max values (this can be changed in the code).
- Asks if you want to apply this to all parts referenced by current document (or to the current document only). (It is best to have all referenced documents have the same shaded resolution value, but not necessary.)
- Turns "Wireframe and high quality HLR/HLV resolution" value to 1 [Low (faster)] (this is also in document properties).
- Asks if you want to hide edges in shaded view. (I usually say 'No' to this, but it is helpful with large assemblies.)