AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dowel Pin precision FUBAR

Question asked by John Lhuillier on Oct 3, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2019 by Dave Laban

Looks like SW doesn't listen to users but do what they want to do.

Why move the dowel pin precision all the way to the bottom of the tree. Oh that's right they wanted to keep all the hole tolerances consistent & bury them at the bottom where it wastes a bunch of time having to scroll all the way to the bottom then pick on the tolerance precision, then pick the fit, then pick the type of fit when before it was at the top of the feature tree already available to pick which type of fit it was.  They did this BY DESIGN to keep all the hole wizard tree layouts consistent. I say BULLCRAP. I can still copy a 2018 dowel pin hole from a part & paste it into the part & it still shows the layout like it should be where it was easily accessible. Maybe get enough people that start complaining might sway them but I ain't holdin my breath for them. I call it pure laziness on the programmers part as there was nothing wrong with how it was. Almost as bad as when someone in their infinite wisdom decided that the colors of everything needed to be changed to the bland no contrast colors they tried. Perhaps give the user a choice as to where that hole specification field would be at

Outcomes