I am trying to do something fairly simple with Composer and Hotspots - just taking Solidworks assemblies, exporting the .smg file to edit in Composer. Making exploded views, formating callouts, and assigning hotspots all works as expected in Composer all the way up until I export the .svg and test it out in the web browser.
So here's the catch: The assemblies I'm working with are from another division of our company and the original authors are no longer around to ask. If i attempt to do this with fresh parts that i draw from scratch on a standard template then everything turns out fine - hotspots and tooltips all working as they should. However, the assemblies I've received in ALL behave as above, seemingly erratic. I've done the best I can to strip the imported parts of any kind of properties, features, or configurations that weren't relevant to what i was trying to do, in an attempt to remove any information that might be causing some kind of issue with composer loading suppressed features or what have you. In an XML editor, I can see that the exported .svg file isn't just overlapped hotspots (though some of them are) but ALSO hotspots that are drawn to contain parts that I didn't include in the hotspot in composer before it was exported.
Below are parts received that I did not draw And these are the same parts redrawn from scratch
I'm down to wondering if there's some kind of meta data or inconsistency with internal ID's that might be causing this issue. I'm really hoping I don't have to re-draw these parts to get them to work in composer. I'm at a total loss here, so anything is worth trying. Can provide more info on request. Thanks.