AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I stop balloons from being attached to part hidden behind the part intended?

Question asked by Bret MacKie on Sep 30, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2019 by Alex Lachance

I am being plagued by this issue, when I go to attach a balloon in a drawing view, most of the time the ballon attaches itself (snaps) to a component that is hidden behind the one I am trying to balloon. For example, see the below image. Looks like ballon 56 is pointing to the front panel of this cart, right? At least, that's where I put the silly thing, right square in the middle of a wide panel that couldn't possibly be confused with any other part. But balloon 56 has actually decided that it wants to point to a part inside the cart instead. How does that even happen? How does a balloon attach to something hidden? I can't find the setting, I can't find anyone talking about this in the forums. 

Another clue perhaps is that with Dynamic Highlight Turned on, it is now visible that the edges behind the visible component are somehow being selected (!?!?!?) and causing the balloons to snap to them. I am clueless as to how to turn off this feature also, I don't recall dynamic highlight ever having the ability to "see" hidden edges.    It would really make my day if I could figure out how to get the cursor to ignore these hidden edges and to stop them from causing by balloons to snap to them.    

Thanks in advance!

-Bret

Outcomes