AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dear everybody. I hope everything ok. I have a question. I have to project and simulate a window holder made of steel alloy with its quartz window mounted in a structure similar to a cylinder engine. The piece undergoes a load that is the pressure of the

Question asked by Alessandro Galo on Sep 19, 2019

Dear everybody. I hope everything ok. I have a question. I have to project and simulate a window holder made of steel alloy with its quartz window mounted in a structure similar to a cylinder engine. The piece undergoes a load that is the pressure of the combustion process, whose duration is 0.7 seconds, and it's a load function of the time. The question is: which is the best simulation tool to use between ''dynamic non linear simulation'' and ''dynamic linear simulation''? I have used them both actually, with the dynamic linear one I got results without any warning of the solver, while running the non linear one (that took a longer time) the solver warned me saying that: ''the final instant time of the input of the time curve (time curve i think is the load curve plotted in the time) is lower than the solution time. The solver will extrapolate the time curve for loads, displacements and temperatures'' I tried to give a good translation. What does it mean this warning? Does it affect the reliability of the simulation? Thanks in advance

Outcomes