AnsweredAssumed Answered

How Often Should We Update Our Graphics Card?

Question asked by Rebecca Bennett on Sep 17, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2019 by Jeremy RIEDEL

I was having an issue a couple of months ago and my VAR suggested that I update my graphic card.  I informed him that that was one of the first things we (my IT guy and I, since I'm not allowed to without them) did a week earlier to try and curb the problem.  His response was that "They (being the card manufacturers I suppose) update those updates all of the time"?  To appease him, we updated it, again.  Only this time it came back with a notification saying it needed to be updated, even though we'd just done it two minutes before.  His reply to that was that apparently this notification is a "known bug" and not to worry?

So, now that's it's been a couple of months of dismissing this "Graphics Card Is Out-Of-Date!" notification, when do I get to bother my IT guy again about updating it again, and hopefully get this silly reminder out of my face?  I am noticing some slow graphics responses in the last week at least.

Thought that perhaps this community would be as good as any expert in knowing when to schedule necessary updates.

Outcomes