AnsweredAssumed Answered

How many ER's have you submitted?

Question asked by Chris Clouser on Aug 27, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2019 by Chris Clouser

since 2014 I'm up to 40 (minus about half a dozen "voted for's, because these show up as well):

...from my ER Page.

Some really good requests that were never implemented and were cancelled for some reason.  It's a bit of an insult to take the time to submit an ER (in other words, helping with Dassault's R&D) and then they close it without an explanation.

One was flexible parts.  What if a part could have flexible features like in an assembly so that the various bodies could move based on mates within the part?  That could be pretty dang handy.

In the early 2000's I had suggested multibodies.  For those of you noobs, no, SolidWorks could not do multiple bodies once upon a time.  Seems crazy now.

Some other of my favorite ER's that they did implement:

Lock Rotation

Mate Folders

Find Under-Constrained Bodies in Simulation

AND I just submitted an ER for SAVE SESSIONS!!

Wouldn't it be nice when you get yanked from one project to another that you can save your session, for instance, PROJECT WIDGET, and then whenever you open SolidWorks, it gives you the option of opening a blank session, your last session, or pick a previous session.  How great would that be?

Extra handy because when SolidWorks crashes and loses my session, I want to commit homicide.

Outcomes