As a Component MRO Engineer you will define, validate and support the implementation of maintenance policies and procedures at a component level including; clean, inspection and repair operations. This will require close working with other Engineering capabilities including Design, Materials- and Manufacturing- Engineering across a range of products.
Component MRO Engineers are deployed into Integrated Project Teams within the business.
For Defence products
- Develop, substantiate and define Repair processes.
- Define acceptance standards for service run components.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the Repair processes at both internal and external Repair suppliers.
- Provide technical support to MRO operations both internally and externally in the delivery of component maintenance including disposition of unserviceable hardware.
- Support the identification of new opportunities to reduce the cost of Component MRO
- In conjunction with the Materials Repair Technology team develop and exploit new Repair and Inspection technologies
- Continuously improve the processes and tools used to develop and support the definition of Component MRO
- The role is based in Bristol but involves interaction with suppliers and may therefore include the need to travel.
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- You will also be a Chartered Engineer or hold an affiliate / associate membership of a relevant professional body, or be working towards Chartered/Incorporated status
- Proficient in the use of CAD preferably AUTOCAD.
- Self-motivated and be able to contribute effectively in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- You will also be required to manage multiple delivery commitments to varying timelines and customers.
Further information: Rolls Royce Career Event | Component Repair Engineer