4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 12:25 PM by Deepak Gupta

exporting a toolbar

Rob Jensen
      Hello

I have a custom macro toolbar that I created and I want to deploy that to all my users. The catch is I only want to save the one toolbar.

I've tried saving my settings and selecting toolbars only with no luck.

I've also tried editing the reg file and that hasn't worked either. (Guessing i deleting a little more than i should)

Any thoughts on how to do this?
        • exporting a toolbar
          Eddie Cyganik

Rob,

If you cannot segregate your macros using the selection for: "Macro toolbar only", then save all of the toolbars. Next, open the "sldreg" file using notepad, wordpad or any ASCII text editor and delete all but your toolbar information & settings. Then just, close, save and distribute.
          • exporting a toolbar
            Steve Ostrovsky
            Have you tried searching the registry for just that toolbar, exporting the key and then merging it into a fresh computer? Look here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2009\User Interface. I've had to work in this area before when I've had CommandManager issues and I noticed all the General-Bar keys.
            • exporting a toolbar
              Rob Jensen
              Thanks guys.

I used the screen capture toolbar, so i'll move all the icons to the macro toolbar and see if that works

I've found the toolbar in the registry, but I'm not sure how to export it out. I'll have to do some playing around with that option also.

Thanks again for the help...
              • exporting a toolbar
                Deepak Gupta
                I made a custom macro tool bar and exported the setting via copy setting wizard (selecting Macro toolbar only) and it worked perfectly but as you said, you need to keep the icons in the macro toolbar only. So Rob, you can surely give it a try.

For exporting the registry file, RMB on the value or folder on the left hand side and select export.