AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inserting sldnotestl notes

Question asked by Steve Krause on Aug 16, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2019 by Steve Krause

We are considering redoing how we do Notes in drawings.  We created a lot of notes as blocks that we insert into blank drawings.  We are considering creating them as sldnotestl files, AND also placing them into the different .slddot files created for different types of fab drawings - sheet metal, machined metal, wood, plastic molded parts, etc.

Lots of our current notes have 10 or 15 numbered sentences for things like USE CAD FILE: [custom property], or GRAIN IN DIRECTION SHOWN, or SILK-SCREEN PER: [custom property] or MAX BEND RADIUS,  etc.

Here is video that shows that notes created as an sldnotestl file can be drag and dropped on to other notes and depending on where they are dropped it seems they are added to the notes they are dragged on to and become an additional numbered item.   This would allow us to create some general notes for types of items and then pick a few extra notes stored in a design library when needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0UBSxGtdI

I've made a list of notes as an sldnotestl and then another smaller sldnotestl as a sentence and I haven't been able to get this to work.  It is an old video back from SW2010 but I doubt that Solidworks would take away this functionality and more likely I missing something that the video doesn't cover.

Does anybody use this functionality?

Outcomes