AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cam Modeling

Question asked by Matt Juric on Aug 15, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2020 by Krzysztof Szpakowski

So I've tried this every way I can think of and have had no success so I was wondering if some of the fine minds here could take a look and toss out some suggestions. The following snip is as close as I've gotten but it's still not correct. This is what I'm looking for but I need the two edges of the surface to be parallel and same distance apart from each other throughout the entire path. This one is not the same distance during the helix portion.

I've tried the following per the attached models and drawings:

A227126-3905 - Solid Sweep. Would not let me pick the entire center path/composite curve. I tried doing each section separately and could not run them all with the same parameters so they did not blend or even work.

A227126-3905-2. I created a surface and thickened it. It would not allow me to thicken the surface as wide as I needed. I tried several things to get this to happen and no luck.

A227126-3905-4. This is the one of the snip below. I got this to work except the helical portion is not quite the width it's supposed to be. I'm pretty sure I could get it to be correct by altering the sketches but this approach was quite a bit of work and just does not seem quite right.

A227126-3905-5. Just the surfaces I used for -4

A227126-3905-6. Thic one I tried sweep cut and loft. I tried a plethora of things and never had success. I never even got loft to come close.

I'm kind of at a loss and this seems like I'm putting way more effort into this than I should be so I think I'm missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Outcomes