AnsweredAssumed Answered

MULTI STEP - EXPLODED STEPS-EXPLODING ASSEMBLIES...SELECTING ONCE MOVING TWICE?

Question asked by Bruno Migali on Aug 1, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2019 by Bruno Migali

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SELECT MULTIPLE PARTS & MOVE THEM IN A SIMPLE X,Y, or ,Z, DIRECTION & THEN, WHILE ALL THE PARTS ARE STILL SELECTED, APPLY THAT MOVE, & THEN MOVE ALL THOSE SAME PARTS AGAIN, IN THE SAME SIMILAR X,Y,Z FASHION...

IN OTHER WORDS, MOVING A BUNCH OF PARTS UP & THEN AWAY, WITHOUT NEEDING  TO RESELECT ALL THOSE PARTS, AGAIN....

I AM CREATING AN EXPLODED VIEW, TO GET A FULL PARTS BOM, & A BUNCH OF THE TINY PARTS GET OVERLOOKED BY THE BOM & BALLOONS UNLESS THEY ARE FULLY EXPOSED IN THE DRW...

100s OF SCREWS & POP RIVS ETC... ALL IN HARD TO SELECT PLACES...

& IF I HIDE ALL THE OTHER PARTS IN THE ASSEMBLY SO I CAN SELECT JUST THE SCREWS,  THEN THE LOCATION WHERE IM MOVING THE SCREWS TO  BECOMES A SHOT IN THE DARK ..

ALL THE SMALLER PARTS ARE WITH THE ASSEMBLY THEY NEED TO BE MOVED AWAY FROM, SO SELECTING ENTIRE "SUBASSEMBLY" OPTION DOESNT WORK EITHER...

SEEMS LIKE THIS FUNCTION IS WAYYYYYY SIMPLISTIC FOR IT NOT TO EXIST.. I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING, BC I SWORE THERE WAS A "MULTI STEP" FUNCTION & NOT JUST " CHAIN" ….

TO CLARIFY:

I WANT TO SELECT 100 PARTS, MOVE THEM UP 25 INCHES & THEN MOVE THOSE SAME PARTS 50 INCHES TO THE RIGHT, ALL WITHOUT NEEDING TO RESELECT ALL 100 PARTS AGAIN...

I THINK THATS A CLEAR WAY OF STATING MY ISSUE... ANY IDEAS??

Outcomes