2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 10:54 AM by Robert Thomson

SW BOM problems

Robert Thomson
      I have customized a BOM to get the info we want. Using the custom & configuration specific properties in the part file I have linked the BOM & balloons to the part. What I'm having a hard time doing is linking the balloon # with the BOM # for toolbox parts. Anyone know how I can do this?
      Thanks
      Rob
        • SW BOM problems
          Brian Endres
          This is just a guess but are you using Toolbox parts with configurations? If so, you might have to click on your BOM and in the PropertyManager check how Configurations are being treated (you may need to select the option to treat different configurations as different components).

Or, you might want to RMB on your view and be sure that your balloons are linked to the correct BOM - that catches me once in a while too!
            • SW BOM problems
              Robert Thomson
              My BOM has different rows for different configs of TB items, but no item # displays in the BOM or the balloon for toolbox items. I also can't get the same property attached to the balloon and BOM column so that if I fill in one manually the other would then match it.
              Thanks,
              Rob