AnsweredAssumed Answered

Renumber Section and View Lables with Page Number w/ Macro

Question asked by Gregg Essex on Jul 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2019 by Gregg Essex

Hello! I am new to this forum, but have been using Solidworks 2016 for a few years detailing for a company in Seattle.

We are trying to streamline some of our work flow, and I have been struggling with Macros.

I am looking for a way to, once a drawing set is complete, have the section and detail views include a page number pointer to the page they reside. Example: if I have 5 sheets, and my sections are on page 4 and details are on page 5 the sections leader labels would read: A4, B4, C4 and the details leader labels would read A5, B5, C5. And, on each page where the sections and details came from they would also read A4, etc and A5 etc).

We usually have up to 35 pages per set, and it would be great if the builders could know to which page they should turn for a section/detail from the page number included in each leader label.

I have been looking at previous posts for similar macros, I have found some that were close but not exactly what was needed. I am pretty new to Macros / API with Solidworks, and any help or leads would be greatly appreciated

Outcomes