AnsweredAssumed Answered

Macro to save a drawing sheet(s) as a .PDF

Question asked by Brent Schelske on Jul 17, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2019 by Brent Schelske

Hello all,

I understand this topic has been beat to death, but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for, and have not familiarized myself with VBA enough to start this from scratch.  My apologies in advance if this request is a bit jumbled.

Details/Background:

I have SW 2019 SP3.  My .slddrw has 30 sheets/tabs.  Each sheet is a drawing of a different part number which is a variant of a table driven configuration.  The sheets have the same name as the part number as linked with the design table.

Desired Output:

I would like to be able to run a Macro, which will:

1) Prompt me to use explorer(or something) to select the desired location to save the file(s).  (Possibly verify that I want to overwrite any existing files? -Not as significant)

2) Save the file as the value which comes from $PRPSHEET:"PARTNUMBER" + $PRPSHEET:"REVISION".

(For example, if my part # less quotes is "PIN45" and the revision is specified as "Q".  I would like to output a file as "PIN45 Rev Q.PDF")

3) Execute this for the entire .slddrw file.  (If I have 50 sheets, save each sheet as an individual .PDF with the previously specified criteria until all sheets within the .slddrw file have been saved.)

Thank you for taking a look,

Brent

Outcomes