AnsweredAssumed Answered

Switch Excel 3D Series Color Orientation

Question asked by Keaton Warn on Jul 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2019 by Kevin Chandler

I'm exporting .csv files from PDM and manipulating the data in Excel to create some colorful graphs that one day will have a few meaningful engineering metrics. However, I'm having an issue formatting an axis/data series and I haven't found a solution on Google. I'm not a member on a MS or Excel forum so I thought I'd ask here before I have to go create another account for another website.

Notice how the data series have colors that correspond to the x axis. The front series is a gradient blue across the months, the second one is reddish across the series of months, etc.

However, I want the series colors to correspond along the y axis (into the page). I want all of the 3D bins under each month to be the same color - e.g. the five Dec-18 entries are red, the five Jan-19 entries are orange, the five Feb-19 entries are yellow, the five Mar-19 entries are green, etc. 

EDIT: I want the colors to be the same for each month since if you add the % of each bin in each month, it adds up to 100%. Correlating the colors so that each color adds to 100% makes more sense to me than correlating to the y axis categories.

I tried switching the columns of data to rows but I got the same result. How do I do t his?

Outcomes