AnsweredAssumed Answered

Weird behavior in drawing

Question asked by Alex Lachance on Jul 4, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2019 by Alex Lachance

Hello,

I just noticed a weird behavior in one of my drawing. I'm not sure if it is a reccuring bug or if it is a file specific bug.

For a brief explanation, we design trailers. Everytime we do design one, we do it from one that was previously designed, using a ''Pack and go'' to do so.

While I was doing the detailing of one of the trailers I am working one, I had to do a ''select other'' to select a hidden edge(and to select the right one also). When I used the ''Select other'' command, SolidWorks showed me every available selection, except it was referencing a previous assembly(one from 2 years ago, which could be the one that was used to create the one I did a pack and go from).

If you look in the below screenshot, I am working in drawing 200197_HP. If you look in the selection box, it sees 180261_HN which has nothing to do with what I'm working on. Even weirder is that if I look to search references from the file menu, 180261_HN never comes up!

I've attached the Excel file to show the list from the ''search reference''. Do you guys think this is something I should report to my VAR...?

Attachments

Outcomes