When working with ASMs and sub-ASMs in Costing, I too often experience that when a sub-ASM is calculated, saved & closed and the parent ASM appears, the following happens:
- TEMP Costing Template files are continously being created here: C:\Users\peter.larsen\AppData\Local\Temp and you cannot use Costing while this happens (see attached picture):
- Sometimes it never stops creating the files and you need to close SW.
- Trying to close Costing often crashes SW.
- Sometimes the creation of TEMP files stops and you can work in Costing again.
- The CostingPane stays on the calculation for the sub-ASM and does not change to the parent ASM (re-start Costing or SW is needed)
- SW just crashes instantly.
Any feedback is highly appreciated since I am under pressure finding a way to automatically accumulate costs on ASM-level. We only use fixed figures as Custom Operations (weld, paint etc.) so it is pretty simple setup we have.
At this point Sheetmetal works ok in Costing.
I have been testing SW Costing for months now in sheetmetal and ASM environment.
I have found numerous bugs (-> SPR) but always been able to work around them most of the time.
In the test enviroment I have tried the following:
- CAD-files and own/original Costing Templates saved locally on C-drive (not PDM).
- All add-ins turned off.
- Clean install of SW 2019 SP3.
- The same happens in SW 2017-2018-2019.