AnsweredAssumed Answered

Excessive time accessing the Library

Question asked by Alex Lachance on Jun 27, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2019 by Heiko Sohnholz

Hello,

We've had for as far as I can remember an excessive time accessing the library, even worse when attempting to add something to the library. We've never made a big deal out of it because it is first of all a self-inflicted pain and because we don't really add much to our library as it is already pretty much complete.

What I mean when I say that the pain is self-inflicted is that the reason it takes so much time to load is because we add locations that are on our server, and those locations have a LOT of files and folders, which is what causes the excessive loading time I believe.

The reason we've left it that way is because it is required to be set-up this way for our 3rd party program to operate as we intend it or at least as far as I can remember.

So today, we went to add notes(SLDNOTESTL) to our library. Turns out we have to wait close to 45 minutes per notes to be added to the library. It is really waaay too long.

I was hoping I could create them manually with a text file but I don't think it is possible.

Does anyone have anything to suggest?

Outcomes