AnsweredAssumed Answered

Intel Visual Fortran run-time error severe (29) when running nonlinear hyperelastic simulation.

Question asked by Adam Scheuman on Jun 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2019 by Adam Scheuman

The title of the error message window is always the same, but the text (the .dll files and routines) are different each time. When I get this message it seems to pause the simulation, and then when I click OK, SolidWorks crashes.

The error has happened at around 2, 7 and 74% of the way through solving the simulation and has happened while performing equilibrium iterations and while solving contact restraints, so it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue.

I'm running a nonlinear static simulation with a hyperelastic material (large displacement). I've gotten the error using both FFEPlus and the Direct Sparse Solver; I'm running SolidWorks 2016 x64 SP1.0.

I have gotten a message from SolidWorks Recovery / Troubleshooting that I have encountered a known problem and to update to SW 2017 SP01, but that could be from a different error I've gotten while running simulations, and I want to see if there is a different solution to the error without going through with an update.

I appreciate any help that can be offered; let me know if any more information is needed.

forrtl: severe (29): file not found, unit 16, file C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\ SOLIDWORKS\Simulation\.STR

Image    PC    Routine    Line    Source

NSTARDLL.dll

pcglss.dll

KERNEL32.DLL

ntdll.dll

Outcomes